Reading in the Virtual Akhand Path/Sahej Path
- SCHEDULE: To sign up for a reading slot in the Akhand Path this current week, open current schedule in Google docs > It is not necessary to list your phone number if you do not want it revealed to the general public.
- Schedule to read in the following week now! open next week's schedule in Google docs here >
- SIRI GURU GRANTH: Download the PDF of the complete Siri Guru Granth here > onto your desktop. To get to your assigned page, type the page number in the box in the upper left hand corner of the PDF and then you will need to scroll down to the appropriate page. (There are extra title pages in this pdf.) Please check you're on the right page before starting to read.
- NEW! Spanish version will be available soon!
Maintain a sacred space for the Guru when you read from your home. This includes, all the same protocol that you would adhere to in the Gurdwara. Cover your head, remove your shoes, wash your hand and feet, maintain a clean, graceful and sacred space where you are going to read.
- It is advisable that you download the pdf and have your area set up before your reading hour so you are ready to read on time.
- Write down our assigned page numbers next to you so you know when to finish.
We suggest you start reading 5 minutes early at the top of the first page of your assigned pages to help ensure a continuous sound current through the Akhand Path. Read aloud through the hour and an additional 5 minutes until you have finished your assigned pages.
You can also download the pdfs for each individual volume of the 5 Volume Set of the Siri Guru Granth in Gurmukhi and English below:
- Volume 1: Pages 1-757 - Download pdf >
- Volume 2: Pages 758-1511 - Download pdf >
- Volume 3: Pages 1512-2235 - Download pdf >
- Volume 4: Pages 2236-2973 - Download pdf >
- Volume 5: Pages 2974-3714 - Download pdf >
The pages you need to read for each hour slot are shown below: