Kundalini Yoga, the Yoga of Awareness, was brought to the West by Yogi Bhajan in 1968. Yogi Bhajan taught that, through the practice of Kundalini Yoga and meditation, your glandular and nervous systems are stimulated, and your capacity for creative potential is heightened. You gain inner vitality to compensate for the adverse effects of stress so you can excel in life. Kundalini yoga classes are a dynamic blend of postures, pranayam, mantra, music and meditation, which teach you the art of relaxation, self-healing and elevation. Balancing body and mind enables you to experience the clarity and beauty of your soul.
Yoga Classes at the Ashram
Kundalini Yoga is taught daily at the Ashram as part of the morning Sadhana program beginning at 4:00 am. This is not a formal class, and therefore there is no charge to attend.
Kundalini Yoga classes are now being offered at Hacienda Yoga:
Hacienda Yoga is located on Shakti Lane, just off of Yogi Bhajan Memorial Highway (State Road 106) and Shady Lane. Turn left into Shakti Lane and park immediately to your left. Hacienda is a short walk down on your right. Overflow parking is available on Prosperity Path or Narayan Court (just across Shady Lane).
|Mondays||5:30pm - 6:45pm||Tera Kaur - Kundalini Yoga|
|Tuesdays||5:45pm - 7:00pm||Back to Basics - Ram Krishan Singh (LA)|
|Wednesdays||5:30pm - 6:45pm||GuruDarshan Kaur - Kundalini Yoga & Ayurveda|
|Thursday||5:30pm - 6:45pm||Multi-Level Kundalini Yoga - Jivan Joti Kaur, Balwant Singh or Gloria Valencia|
|Thursday||7:00pm - 8:15pm||Dr. Kartar Singh - Kundalini Yoga|
Friday Evening Programs as Hacienda - each week of the month
1st week - Kirtan with different musicians each month
2nd week - MERGE Movement Meditation/Freeform Dance with Siri Amrit Kaur
3rd Week - Kundalini Yoga Gong Bath with Paramnam Singh - CANCELLED
4th week - Satnam Rasayan and Self Healing with Siri Chand Singh
For more information go to www.haciendayoga.org
Kundalini Yoga Classes in the Area
Local centers offering classes:
- Body Basics Healing Center, Lori Garcia, Instructor, 1318 S Riverside Dr., Espanola, NM 87532 - 505-367-0847.
- Espanola Presbyterian Hospital - Gentle Yoga - good for anyone with chronic health issues - Can be done on the floor or in a chair - Wednesday 5:15-6:30 at 3rd floor lounge - Free - Instructor: Jivan Joti K Khalsa PhD - Questions: [email protected] or 505-753-6241.
- Northern New Mexico College, Espanola - Now offering Kundalini Yoga and Meditation classes - Register at the College or online. at www.nnmc.edu
- Yoga SouthWest - now located at the GRD Health Clinic, 205 Los Alamos Highway, Suite C, Espanola, 505-753-3369.
- Larry R. Walkup Aquatic Center - Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00 am, 2760 Canyon Rd., Los Alamos. Noor Singh, instructor.
- Purest Potential, Guruchander Singh and Kirn Kaur, 1505 Llano Street, Santa Fe - 505-982-6369.