Learn how to make paranthas with Siri Ved Kaur Khalsa, author of "From Vegetables, With Love - Recipes & Tales from a Yogi’s Kitchen." In this video I demonstrate how to make both aloo (potato) and gobi (cauliflower) paranthas.
ALOO (POTATO) FILLING:
- 2 medium russet or Yukon gold potatoes (about a pound+)
- 1 jalapeño or 2 Serrano chilies, finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup loose packed chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup loose packed mint leaves, chopped in fine shred
- 2 tsp. freshly ground coriander
- 1/4 cup or more finely chopped, peeled, fresh ginger
- 1/2 bulb or more finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. BLACK SALT (from Indian market)
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
GOBI (CAULIFLOWER) FILLING:
- 1 medium cauliflower, grated with coarsest grade of hand grater or processor disc, remove any chunky pieces and regrade or finely chop
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, peeled, fresh ginger
- 1/2 bulb or more garlic, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 small sweet red peppers or 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more to taste) Plus GHEE (clarified butter) for frying.
To watch video click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH5zm1n4ynE