Food - Restaurants and Groceries
You can view an extensive list of food options on The Vegetarian Travel Guide website.
The restaurant selection in Española is unfortunately limited to either New Mexican food, Chinese or fast food. Here's a good listing of local restaurants.
Espanola (and surrounding area)
- O Eating House, 86 Cities of Gold Road, Pojoaque, (505) 455-2000, Open Tues.-Sat. 11 am - 9 pm. Closed Monday.
- Sopaipilla Factory, 7 W. Guttierrez St., Pojoaque, (505) 455-2855
- Jo-Ji's Sushi and Teppan Grill, 1508-B Riverside Drive, Espanola, (505) 747-4113
- La Cocina, 415 S Santa Clara Bridge Rd, Espanola, (505) 753-3016
- El Parasol,
602 Santa Cruz Rd, Espanola, (505) 753-8852
- JoAnn's Rancho Casados--938 N. Riverside Drive, Espanola, (505) 753-1334
- Gabriels, South on Hwy 285 towards Santa Fe,
Santa Fe has a very large variety of delicious dining establishments, both in ethnicities and flavors. Here are a some of our favorites vegetarian fares.
- Sushi Land East
- Body - wheat, dairy, & sugar free, & selections for vegan, raw, & other diets - 333 Cordova Rd., Santa Fe, 505-986-0362 or 505-986-1111
- Chocolate Maven - Now open for dinner! 821 W. San Mateo Rd., Santa Fe - 505-984-1980
- Cleopatra's Cafe - Middle Eastern food - The Design Center, 418 Cerrillos Rd., Santa Fe, 505-820-7381
- Il Vicino, 321 W. San Francisco, Santa Fe, (505) 986-8700
- Masa Sushi - Excellent sushi - 927 West Alamdea, Santa Fe, 505-982-3334
- Wok Chinese Cuisine - Try their wok special tofu and garlic eggplant - 2860 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, 505-424-8126
For more restaurant information check out the resources below:
- Espanola Community Market, - Espanola's very own locally run food Co-op - 312 Paseo De Onate (on Main Street), Espanola, 505-747-3006
- Center Market - 745 N Riverside Dr # E, Espanola, NM, 505-753-3171
- Lowe's Super Save - 930 N Riverside Dr, Espanola, NM, 505-753-8869
- Wal-Mart Supercenter - 1610 N Riverside Dr, Espanola, NM. 505-747-0414
- La Montanita Coop Food Market - 913 W. Alameda St., , NM, 505-984-2852. Hours: Mon-Sat, 7:00 am - 10:00 pm; Sunday, 8:00 am - 10:00 pm.
- Whole Foods Market - 753 Cerrillos Rd., , NM, 505-992-1700. Hours: 8 am-10 pm.
- Wild Oats Natural Marketplace - 1090 South St Francis Dr., , NM, 505-983-5333. Hours: 7:30 am - 10 pm, 7 days a week.
- Trader Joe's - 530 W Cordova Rd, Santa Fe, NM. 505-995-8145
Many of New Mexico's residents are farmers who grow delicious produce for the locals.
Española Farmers' Market
Location: 1027 N Railroad Ave (behind Angelina's restaurant)
Schedule: Mondays, 10 am - dusk
Season: June 12th - October
Contact: Sabra Moore, 505-685-4842, firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Farmers' Markets in New Mexico.